How to do better in the exams

How to do better in the exams

A student asked me,
How to get higher grade for exams.

I told the student,
You are being evaluated by essay and oral exam based on your essay and I already explained how to study for those.

The student told me,
Exams from other classes. Thought I might have the answers.

I said to the student,
There are mainly two types of exams. One is asking accuracy of knowledge that you know and second is to evaluate the goal-oriented brain function.

The example of the first one is questions like ‘when the world war II ended?’ These are questions asking accuracy of the knowledge. But this is not education for human. It is like training dogs to follow exactly as they learned. If any professor provided exams like this, you should go tell them not to teach and evaluate using the method used for training dogs.

The example of second case is questions like ‘1 gram object is falling from 1 meter above the ground. Calculate energy.’ These are the questions asking you to use goal-oriented brain function because to solve this, you need to use and analyze the data to find answers.

The student asked,
Then, how to study for those exams. Just practice applying all the formulas to get the answer.

I said,
Simply applying formula is knowledge-based. In order to improve for the exams based on goal-oriented brain function, you need to develop goal-oriented brain function. How to collect data, how to analyze and how to find answers are the process of the goal-oriented brain function. So, you will need to study to develop these skills.

The student asked,
How.

I told the student,
The only person who can teach how to develop these skills is me in this world at the moment. 

I continued,
Get the basic information and background and study materials from PonderEd and apply them during the class. If possible, come to my class and get trained systematically. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Students shouldn’t plagiarize, really?